News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Mute Notifications Inside Ring Central App for Selected Conversations?
Tags: message
Sep 23, 2021 at 8:21am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Richard Rabinoff

We use the Ring Central App for Windows Desktop (21.3.30) as well as the Ring Central App for Android and IOS. In looking through community posts, I haven't been able to find an answer to this question:

Is it possible to selectively stop app notifications (the little red dots with or without numbers) for certain less important conversations or teams in the application? Or set them to an equivalent of Do Not Disturb? In other words, I am a member of multiple teams that I wish to monitor. But I have little need or desire to see the little notification dot every time someone posts something into the conversation. If someone posts into one of our watercooler groups that they had a tuna salad sandwich for lunch, I don't need to see the little notification bubbles, particularly on my taskbar.
untitled.png

I've looked at the notification settings for these conversations, but the settings all seem to be about external notifications, and not notifications from the apps themselves.

Am I missing something? Or am I doomed to a future of needing to constantly look in the app to see that I don't need to be looking in the app right now?

Thanks,

Richard

1 Answer
answered on Sep 23, 2021 at 10:32am  

There is an option to disable notifications for a particular person or group in the app. You will have to click the three vertical dots or "more" button next to the specific name or group and click "Notifications Preferences," You will see this screenshot below. You have to uncheck "Enable desktop notifications."screen-shot-2021-09-24-at-12235-am.png

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us