question

Mehran Sarabchian avatar image
Mehran Sarabchian asked Mehran Sarabchian commented

join meeting

There is an SDK already available for developers to schedule a video meeting. However, I am wondering if likewise there is an SDK to give my custom application the capability to join a video conference by copying and pasting a RingCentral meeting link.

To be more precise, I do not need to schedule a video meeting and be the organizer. I am only interested in a scenario where my app can have the user join the video meeting by only asking for the meeting link. Thanks in advance for the answers.

meetingssdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Do you mean this RCM meeting API. If so, you can specify the meetingType=Instant to have an instant meeting and share the participant link with your user who needs to join the meeting.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mehran Sarabchian avatar image
Mehran Sarabchian answered Mehran Sarabchian commented

Thanks for the response!
That's a nice feature to have, however, I am afraid this is not what I am looking for. This is more like creating an instant meeting and sharing the link with teams and joining.

In my scenario, I would like to develop a custom app that can join video meeting which is scheduled by a native ring central app. Having this, I probably need to get video/audio streams and also send these streams to the remote participants. Consequently, I would be able to have a custom GUI to visualize the remote participants' videos. Is this possible by any chance?

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Oh I see. Let me ask an RCV SDK expert to help you gain access to a Beta program.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mehran Sarabchian avatar image Mehran Sarabchian Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to it ...

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys