question

op3947 avatar image
op3947 asked mary-community-moderator commented

Yealink W52P with 2 handsets, cannot be assigned to 2 different extensions

I recently purchased a Yealink W52P with 2 handsets. I need to connect each handset to a separate extension, however it is only allowing me to connect to a single one. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you,

hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

oncallanswer3873 avatar image
oncallanswer3873 answered
I am not certain that this can be done. I think in order to do that you would have to have two different bases.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered jd4004 commented
OP,

Sorry for the delay on this one. I was able to get confirmation from one of our T3 agents.
That is correct. It is a single base unit with multiple handsets. They can add more lines to it as "Other Phone" type which in essence gives it a 2nd / 3rd / 4th DL. Those DLs can then be assigned to other extensions if they wish. They can also assign which handsets should ring on incoming calls for each individual line. They can ring both handsets or just one of them. All that is done in the GUI of the base unit.
If you need help with this, you'll probably want to give us a call. 
2 comments
1 |3000

jd4004 avatar image jd4004 commented ·
In the phone's web GUI there is a place to add different lines. you'd add the second extension there. then there's an option somewhere that shows a "grid" of checkboxes - a row for each extension and a column for each cordless phone. you uncheck Extension 1 from cordless 2, and uncheck Extension 2 from cordless 1. Now you've got one base station, with two phones that have a separate account each.
1 Like 1 ·
op3947 avatar image op3947 commented ·
Thank you for your response. I have been on the phone with Ring Central for over 40 minutes now, and they keep telling me this cannot be achieved. Is there any way possible you can give me a call or maybe the T3 agent that was able to answer this for you? I'm dying to get this issue resolved.
0 Likes 0 ·
mike avatar image
mike Deactivated answered
OP,  I just wanted to follow up and see if you got this working?  
1 |3000

joram-dillen14021 avatar image
joram-dillen14021 answered joram-dillen14021 commented
I currently experience the same issue.. I have 2 users with 2 different extensions that both need to use a handheld connected to the W52P base that is now registered to one of the users. But i cannot connect the base to the other user in ring central as the MAC is already in use. 
2 comments
1 |3000

Chuck Fuscone avatar image Chuck Fuscone commented ·
Does not work that way.  one base unit to one paid digital line.  

If you explain what you are trying to accomplish maybe there is a way.  but that one phone with multiple handsets basicially acts like a multi line non cordless IP phone.

Let us know how we could help with your configuration.

Thanks

Chuck Fuscone
Certified Ring-central Consultant
Chuck@Yoritguy.com
1 Like 1 ·
joram-dillen14021 avatar image joram-dillen14021 commented ·
Hi thanks for the response. 

I have used to have 2 users that both have an handheld phone that where both registered in our phonesystem with each their own phonenumber + extension.

With RingCentral i cannot add 2 handhelds to the system as this requires me to register/assign the baseunit to 1 of the users. Since we only have 1 base unit for these 2 phones i cannot give them a number each. I can set multiple accounts in the baseunit but it still would be connected to only 1 user in RingCentral.
This 1 user works fine but the second user cannot use the handheld now as it is not registered to his account in RingCentral.
0 Likes 0 ·
Eric Jensen avatar image
Eric Jensen answered mary-community-moderator commented
1 comment
1 |3000

Glad to hear that @Eric Jensen!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app