question

JENNIFER MILLER avatar image
JENNIFER MILLER asked Welcome commented

Yealink W79p with two handsets and different extensions

Am I able to assign each handset a different extension? Or do I need two bases with one handset each?

extension
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Welcome commented

Hi Jennifer, two bases with one handset each is the correct setup.

6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

JENNIFER MILLER avatar image JENNIFER MILLER commented ·

Thanks for your answer. FYI... we were able to configure two extensions with one base.

0 Likes 0 ·
Eric Jensen avatar image Eric Jensen JENNIFER MILLER commented ·

Would you please explain how you set up the second extension?

0 Likes 0 ·
Welcome avatar image Welcome Eric Jensen commented ·

You need to do manual provisioning for the 2nd extension. The steps are:
1. Grab the SIP details of the 2nd ext. Phone System > Phones & Devices > User phones > click on phone assigned to the 2nd ext. > click on Set Up & provision.

It will ask you to select a model, but instead you should click on "Set up manually with SIP credentials"

2. get IP of the base station > log in the web UI of the base station.

3. Navigate to accounts -> account1 should already be provisioned automatically. Select account2

4. Copy paste the SIP credentials from step1 in the account2 section.

5. Finally you should check Number assignment. Since you are using 2 different phone numbers, you probably want when somebody calls 1 of the numbers that only 1 of the handsets rings. This is where you configure it.

If you need more help on a specific step, ask away and I can go into more detail.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Welcome avatar image Welcome commented ·

It should look like this picture, but at the top you need to have selected Account2:
image.png

0 Likes 0 ·
image.png (242.2 KiB)
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app