question

chazz-bjanes7307 avatar image
chazz-bjanes7307 asked ferdie-santos commented

How can I assign an attendee as a 'Co Host" in a Meeting?

I need someone beside the Host of a Meeting to be able to control the attendees mic and cameras and record. I know Zoom offers this as a feature, but it doesn't seem to be available in RingCentral Meetings. This is a critical feature for producing larger, professional meetings, and is sorely missed. Is there a way to add this feature individually or to the RC Meetings app on a whole?

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hello Chazz,

When you have someone schedule a meeting on behalf of you they act as the host until you (the other host) decide to take over :) Hope that helps!
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chazz-bjanes7307 avatar image
chazz-bjanes7307 answered saadetswift16514 commented
nope. thats not what i need. I need two people to share the Host privileges. So that the Host can schedule the meeting but then assign another attendee the Co Host ability so they can control the mics for all the other attendees. This frees the Host, who is focused on the presentation, from having to worry about muting and unmuting the rest of the attendees mics, and turning off their cameras if necessary. 

With only one host, that responsibility falls on the same person trying to concentrate on presenting the content of the meeting. This is already a feature Zoom offers. You just have to add it to your feature list. 

PLEASE PLEASE make this happen. 
3 comments
1 |3000

billboard-evangelism avatar image billboard-evangelism commented ·
Have you figured this out yet, Chazz? If not, try this...

Log in to your Ring Central online portal at  https://service.ringcentral.com as Admin. Go to Tools>Meetings>Meetings Settings>In Meeting (Basic) at the top,> Edit> select Co-host> save.

hope this helps!
1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi Brenda,

Right now the Co-Host feature is for when the Meeting has already begun. But if you want someone to be able to start the Meeting without you, I would suggest leveraging the Schedule a Meeting for Me feature.
1 Like 1 ·
brenda-willey avatar image brenda-willey commented ·
Does this allow the cohost to start the meeting

0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Chazz,

I understand what you would like, figured I'd offer up a work-around
1 |3000

brenda-willey avatar image
brenda-willey answered ferdie-santos commented
can either the person who schedules the meeting or the person it is schedule for start the meeting?
2 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Yep! Either one can start it when you use the Schedule for Me feature.
1 Like 1 ·
ferdie-santos avatar image ferdie-santos commented ·
Hi Saadet,

Thank you so much for this!
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app