Skip to main content

I am at a loss here. I have the most up to date versions of Outlook and RC Meetings on my Mac. Both work fine on their own. I have installed the RC Meetings Plugin for Outlook. I have the "Add RingCentral Meeting" icon when creating a new meeting, however when I click the icon all that happens is the following message being displayed:

Cannot find the RingCentral Meetings client on your computer. Install the RingCentral Meetings client.

How do I troubleshoot this?

Hello Walt,

Could you provide a screen shot of the error message?
Sure.  Here you go...

Thanks for the information, Walt!

Try reinstalling the plugin and make sure that it is housed in the /Applications folder and not the user application folder ~/Application

Here is a link that describes the difference between the two: https://www.engadget.com/2010/12/03/mac-101-the-two-applications-folders/

Let me know how it goes!
Also, here are the versions of Outlook and RC Meetings I have:

I have a slightly different issue.  I cannot get the add ringcentral meeting option to appear. These are domain joined macs. After running the plugin installer I restart outlook but never get the buttons. 

Running Office for Mac 2016.
Ah Ha!
That was it... the RC Meetings install had placed the actual app file within ~/Library/Application Support/RingCentral Meetings and an Alias in ~/Applications.  I moved the app file to /Applications (not ~/Applications) and now the Outlook plugin works as expected.

Many thanks for the assistance!