question

Tammy Ni avatar image
Tammy Ni asked mary-community-moderator commented

Personal contacts don't sync between Web App and Desktop App (Windows)

Hi. I imported contacts from another account using RingCentral Web CSV contact import future. The contacts imported fine and show up nicely on the web. However, my desktop app doesn't have them. And the contacts that I create in the desktop app are not found on the web.

Logging out and then logging in doesn't help. Reinstalling the app doesn't help.

Is this a known problem? When will it be fixed?

contacts
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

Try to log out of the Desktop app, then log back in again, and they should be there. Similar issues here: https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/19662/contacts-wont-sync.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Tammy Ni avatar image Tammy Ni commented ·

Logging out and then back in doesn't help.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hi @Tammy Ni, you can only add personal contacts by syncing your Microsoft or Google accounts. You can also add a contact by creating them from within the app. Kindly check this link to know more about adding contacts.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tammy Ni avatar image Tammy Ni commented ·

Yes, I can create contacts. I have no issues with that. The problem is the contacts don't sync between the desktop app and the web app. I created a bunch of contacts in the web app using CSV import. I can see these contacts in the web app, but they are missing in the desktop app.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Tammy Ni commented ·

Are you referring to the RingCentral App from Web browser or Admin Web Portal?

0 Likes 0 ·
Tammy Ni avatar image
Tammy Ni answered mary-community-moderator commented

I got this resolved after talking to technical support. I was logged into the calling que when I imported my contacts. I needed to switch to my extension and then import. After doing that, my contacts synced correctly across the apps.

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

It's good to hear that it works now, @Tammy Ni. Thanks for sharing the resolution as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app