question

Daniel Bowett avatar image
Daniel Bowett asked Joe Cache commented

Call Issues

We've just started getting some issues with calls.

1. No ring or alert to a call coming in. You have to be in the app to see the pop up otherwise you won't know there's a call coming in.
  2. The red 'Rec' icon has disappeared off the dialer (where you start and stop recording).
  3. Each user's status is not updating. Everyone just shows as 'Available' even if they are on a call with someone else.

Anyone else experiencing these or similar issues?

call handling
13 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Daniel Bowett, please submit a ticket to Technical Support so they can check the issue. An ongoing issue may impact your service.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Daniel Bowett This is a known issue. Please create a case so that the Support Team can circle back with you when it is resolved.
https://support.ringcentral.com/contact-support.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniel Bowett avatar image Daniel Bowett Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

I've raised a ticket but they didn't seem aware of the 'known issue'. They just told me to reinstall the app which is not very practical across all our users. Call quality is aweful this morning, the sound keeps chopping in and out.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Daniel Bowett commented ·

Hi Daniel, we received a notification that the issue is resolved. Are you still experiencing issues?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
Sara Brennan avatar image Sara Brennan commented ·

We are also having issues this morning. I've sent in a ticket and tried the chat bot, but I have not had a response. Do we know how long this is going to last the Service Status does not tell you how long or when your outage will be addressed.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

We've received an update that the outage is back. To get more updates on this, you may go to https://status.ringcentral.com/.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sara Brennan avatar image Sara Brennan mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for the update!

1 Like 1 ·
Andrei Preda avatar image Andrei Preda commented ·

Our users have experienced the same call quality issues yesterday, we logged a ticket with RC Support which was assigned as "Outage" and then resolved without providing further justifications or relevant explanations. I would like to know:

- why did the outage occur, how long did it last, what did it impact? (Ideally pointed towards an incident report)

- how can this be communicated better next time it happens? (we have 130+ global users on Phones and rely on RC's promised up-time and reliability) we would like to be communicated the impact of the outage and any workarounds immediately (before it gets resolved)

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache Andrei Preda commented ·
2 Likes 2 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app