question

Susan Russ avatar image
Susan Russ asked mary-community-moderator commented

Problems with new phone view - can we revert to previous version?

Since the new phone view, I've had several issues where it takes almost a full minute for the phone tab to load at all, and sometimes 2 or 3 minutes for a recent call to show up in the list. It used to be instant. Is there a way to restore the previous version?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thad Smith avatar image
Thad Smith answered

If you're talking about the 'new phone experience' via the app, you can toggle it on/off under settings -> phone -> new phone experience capture.png

capture.png (116.7 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hi Susan! There is no option to revert to the old version of your app. The Developers recommend updating your app regularly to have full functionality. If you have an unusual experience with your app, you can report this by going to Resource Center > Feedback > Report an Issue. Provide a description of the current problem, and they will reach out to you for an investigation.

2 comments
1 |3000

Susan Russ avatar image Susan Russ commented ·

You are incorrect. The other comment correctly showed me how to revert to the old version of the app. I understand you recommend the newer version, but the newer version doesn't work yet!! My app is otherwise up to date.

I don't think reporting a bug would be appropriate. This seems to be a "feature not a bug" since there is just a significant delay to updating the recent calls list. I feel like the new phone view just wasn't fully tested before being rolled out.

I will wait a few months and then try using it again.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Susan Russ commented ·

Hi Susan! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Seems like I didn't comprehend your question well! I take full responsibility for my mistake.

@Thad Smith , I appreciate you for sharing this information.

To anyone new to this feature, here's an article you can read.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Switching-to-the-new-Phone-experience-in-the-RingCentral-app.html?brand=RingCentral&product=MVP&language=en_US

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app