question

n avatar image
n asked jenn-community-moderator commented

Fax: Deliver fax to multiple extension users (or e-mail address)

I would like to be able to designate more than one extension to receive faxes (ideally in the "Deliver faxes to:" settings area)

As it currently stands, only one extension can receive and VIEW incoming faxes.  This is not efficient, as the onus is now on one person to read and later disseminate faxes as necessary.

In a physical office situation, with a physical fax machine, an incoming fax can be viewed and read by multiple people.  Why can't we achieve this in RingCentral?

Appreciate your help!
phonefax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered jenn-community-moderator commented
In the notification section of the extension you can enter more than one email address so that the single fax can be sent and read by multiple people, just separate them with a semicolon.. For example, enter floyd@abc.com; andy@abc.com; barney@abc.com    etc.
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kim avatar image kim commented ·
Faxes to the Main Number get directed to the operator extension.  So if you need a group to receive them...I recommend directing your operator to a call queue and give those 3 individuals access to the call queue login.
1 Like 1 ·
mike avatar image mike commented ·
If you have HIPAA Enabled on your accounts, then all the users will be unable to receive the fax by email.  Notifications can still be send to multiple addresses using the method Danno explained above.
0 Likes 0 ·
jay-nichols5644 avatar image jay-nichols5644 commented ·
I have the same problem.  My front desk needs to see all faxes and voice mails left on our main line on their RC desktop application.  They are logged in as extension 3, but can only see certain faxes.  If someone faxes to our fax number, why can't every one see it?  Same with voice mail.  Our front desk directs the faxes and voice mail to the required individual.
0 Likes 0 ·
ron-kothari2846 avatar image ron-kothari2846 commented ·

can you setup Bcc?

0 Likes 0 ·
kim-marinier avatar image kim-marinier commented ·
I have a call queue set up and have it set up to send to multiple emails, however, no one is receiving the fax notifications.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Rob Rosen avatar image
Rob Rosen answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can multiple email addresses receive notifications of received faxes?. I would like to have several different staff members receive notification of an incoming fax. Can this be set up that way?
1 |3000

todd-dabbs16220 avatar image
todd-dabbs16220 answered
This is a must have feature!
1 |3000

leryn-davis avatar image
leryn-davis answered
Agreed! We're struggling without this feature.
1 |3000

chris-phillips13191 avatar image
chris-phillips13191 answered chris-phillips13191 commented
We accomplished this by directing FAX and Voicemails to a shared mailbox, and then giving those that need access to that mailbox.
2 comments
1 |3000

chris-phillips13191 avatar image chris-phillips13191 commented ·
We setup a shared mailbox in Microsoft Exchange.  Everyone that needs to receive FAX messages gets access to this mailbox.  Then we direct the RingCentral FAX notifications to this mailbox.  
1 Like 1 ·
julie-rhodes avatar image julie-rhodes commented ·
how did you set that up?
0 Likes 0 ·
Dean Malone avatar image
Dean Malone answered Dean Malone commented
If you add other email addresses, won't they also receive all of the user's voicemails and texts?

2 comments
1 |3000

danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
No.  Each have their own field for email notifications.
0 Likes 0 ·
Dean Malone avatar image Dean Malone commented ·
I don't see where I can add additional email addresses for just faxes.  There is only one field in which I can add email addresses, and it is on the notifications screen listing faxes, texts, voicemails, etc.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app