Question

Yealink W52P with 2 handsets, cannot be assigned to 2 different extensions

• 25 December 2016
  • 6 replies

• New Participant
  • 0 replies

I recently purchased a Yealink W52P with 2 handsets. I need to connect each handset to a separate extension, however it is only allowing me to connect to a single one. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you,

6 replies

I am not certain that this can be done. I think in order to do that you would have to have two different bases.
OP,

Sorry for the delay on this one. I was able to get confirmation from one of our T3 agents.
That is correct. It is a single base unit with multiple handsets. They can add more lines to it as "Other Phone" type which in essence gives it a 2nd / 3rd / 4th DL. Those DLs can then be assigned to other extensions if they wish. They can also assign which handsets should ring on incoming calls for each individual line. They can ring both handsets or just one of them. All that is done in the GUI of the base unit.
If you need help with this, you'll probably want to give us a call. 
OP,  I just wanted to follow up and see if you got this working?  
I currently experience the same issue.. I have 2 users with 2 different extensions that both need to use a handheld connected to the W52P base that is now registered to one of the users. But i cannot connect the base to the other user in ring central as the MAC is already in use. 

I got mine to work with a little bit of help from the community!

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/114249/yealink-w79p-with-two-handsets-and-different-exten.html

Userlevel 2

Glad to hear that @Eric Jensen!