Skip to main content

We have a couple of Yealink T58W Pro phones with the camera, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do a video call with another person with the same phone. Not trying to do anything fancy. I know the camera works because I can see it working on the camera app.

This is not currently officially supported on RC.

Workaround you could try however for devices on the same network:

Please turn on these parameter for each T58W first:

sip.listen_port = 5060

video.enable = 2

It configures the video call feature for the IP phone.
Note: If you want to transmit the near-site video image during the video call, you need to set "static.camera.function.enable" to 1 (Enabled).

0-Disabled, users are only allowed to establish an audio-only call.
1-Video first, users can establish a video call with the other party that is video-enabled.
2-Optional, users can choose to establish an audio-only or video call; and switch between the audio-only call and the video call.

Thanks I got the other 2 settings, where in the menu to I change static.camera.function.enable?

I only tested the device for a day and those are some notes I wrote down, however I think when you plug the camera in it automatically updates that to enabled if i recall correctly.

I ran my own config file (outside of RC) - which is why i think this has been noted down by me, to ensure i forced this to enabled irrelevant if the camera was connected or not

I think I have everything set correctly, and I have an option for dialing an extension with a video call, but there is no option on the other end to answer a video call.

Apologies - I dont have the test devices anymore, and these are the only notes i have from when i managed to get it working.  Due to the nature that it wasn’t easy to setup, we actually decided to not offer this feature to the customer and advised as per RC official stance - its not a supported feature.  So not had to look at this again for any of our customers