question

Laura Engelberth avatar image
Laura Engelberth asked Laura Engelberth commented

Cannot share files via drag & drop (desktop app)

Hello,

since I use RC desktop app, I cannot move and share files directly in the message window (via drag & drop). It was possible in the prior browser version, but not in the app. Now I have to select every file via the attachment button and choose path. Another problem here: I cannot select any files from our business server to be shared on RC. Why is that? Sorry I'm a noob and my co-workers couldn't help at all. Thanks for any reply!

Laura

ringcentral app
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Laura Engelberth, it's not possible on my end, too. I will check with the Product Team if they remove this feature. Thank you!

1 Like 1 ·
Laura Engelberth avatar image Laura Engelberth mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Ok thanks! Please let me know :)

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Laura Engelberth commented

Hi @Laura Engelberth, the Product Team says that we don't have this feature available. The drag and drop option is only available for links. Please submit a feature request in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Laura Engelberth avatar image Laura Engelberth commented ·

Hi Mary, thanks for your help! I've added a idea related to this topic :) you can close it here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app