question

Chorus Automation avatar image
Chorus Automation asked

how to call out with api from salesforce

Hi

Im writing automation

i have tried to call out via ring central api and to see that in salesforce background api's are being called ( for instance , create task, etc)

I have noticed that the automation works only when salesforce UI is opened, and when no instance of salesforce is opened my automation failed

Example 1 :

SF UI is opened

via python automation i take call out with ring central api

after call out, i can see in salesforce that task is being created automatically ( i check the soql db via autoamtion)

example 2:

SF UI is closed

via python automation i take call out with ring central api

after call out, no task is being created in salesforce ( again i check the soql db via automation)

If i understand corrrectly, since we have intergration between SF and RC , when create call from ring central api, and the SF UI is opened, i can see the call is on in SF and the api that need to run in SF actually run in background

So my question :

do i need to create the "call out" from SF directly with API , instead of using RC api direcrly?

can you advice with the API that SF uses that triggers call using ring central ? or maybe it is same API of RC but need to mention somthing else?

Thanks in advance

ringcentral appsalesforcezapier
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys