question

siva rama krishna kumar avatar image
siva rama krishna kumar asked Phong Vu answered

does sms/test sent in sandbox account go to real phone numbers..?

i was testing my python code (to send sms) i was using to similuate but using the data from the main database but i did created the variables with giving my sandbox as sender and my main number as reciever number but in other part of code due to looping part the code might have picked up the data fromthe main database.so should i be worried about the msgs going to real numbers or as it is sandbox account the msgs will not be sent?

sms and text messagingdeveloper sandboxsending sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Sorry but I don't understand your question at all. All I can answer now is "YES", you can send test message from a sandbox phone number to a real phone number. Provided that the real phone number support SMS and is a U.S phone number.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys