question

rene-campbell avatar image
rene-campbell asked mary-community-moderator commented

RingCentral is using your Microphone (RingCentral Desktop App for Mac)

I am using the Ring Central Desktop App for Mac and an antivirus program. Now, my antivirus is reporting that Ring Central's desktop app is constantly using the microphone even though I have not placed or received a call.

I am concerned as to why it would do this continually throughout the day.

ringcentral app
9 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @rene-campbell, can you please send us a screenshot of the message you're getting?

0 Likes 0 ·
rene-campbell avatar image rene-campbell mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I am no longer seeing the problem. However, since I initially reported the problem. There have been several updates to Mac OS, my antivirus program, and the Ring Central Desktop App.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ rene-campbell commented ·

Thanks for the update, @rene-campbell!

0 Likes 0 ·
mark-kulich avatar image mark-kulich commented ·

I am having a similar issue. I don't have antivirus installed but macOS will occasionally indicate that RC is using my microphone even when I'm not on a meeting or call. Somewhat annoying and concerning to see. If I quit and restart the RC desktop app macOS will stop showing the mic in use indicator.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ mark-kulich commented ·

@mark-kulich Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall your app?

0 Likes 0 ·
mark-kulich avatar image mark-kulich mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I have not. I will try and and provide an update.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app