Skip to main content

We have a fax-only account, with up to 25 users able to send faxes via email. We hired a new person today, and when I went to add them to the list through 'outbound fax settings', the list of email addresses isn't there. How can I add new users? Also, possibly related, it seems that outgoing email faxes aren't going. Two of us tried. Nothing showed up in outbox or sent, no confirmations were received. It was working last week. Any ideas?

Just to clarify, do you already have 25 emails listed to send a fax?

I am seeing the same problem, although on my end nobody that was there on the list before can fax anymore from their email

rc-issue.png

The same thing is happening to us!!! We have been a client since 2015--- very frustrating!!!

Mary- When I try and fill out the new case page, it won't let me select the time zone, communication preference, product, category or priority level...... All of these boxes just stay RED, and nothing will fill in.... How am I supposed to open a case if I can't complete the form? We REALLY need this situation fixed!!! THAKN YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER!

Hi, we are also experiencing this issue. Multiple faxes were sent on Friday and Today and no confirmation email has been received, and we are unable to view or configure any Fax to Email settings for any extensions under the "Outbound Fax Settings" tab. No addresses can be added or removed as the settings are not there- and the live agent chat support appears to be overwhelmed with other users when we request help for this issue.

I ran into the same issue and called Ring Central for support. They have no idea what to do and send me the link to DKIM and SPF setup which has nothing to do with why the Email Address box disappeared from the Outbound Fax tab. So frustrated.

Hi! We have not received an alert that this is a known outage, but we will let you know as soon as possible. Please create a ticket to Tech Support, so this will be isolated.

So they've now told me that it's because we don't have DMARC set up for our email domain. Is that the case for everybody else having the issue? It seems odd that we weren't notified that this was a requirement (I've gone back through emails for a year or so and can't find anything). Also seems odd that not having DMARC configured would cause the list of users to disappear. Do any of you with this issue have DMARC configured? I'm scrambling to get it set up, but we use Constant Contact for newsletters, so there are additional considerations...

I have this response on my case detail: If an email domain is non-compliant with our DMARC email security policy and has zero email-to-fax usage for the past 90 days, the service is turned off. I have no idea what this means--- we have not changed anything with our email, and we have certainly sent faxes in the last 90 days!!!! We have been able to send faxes until last Friday, April 8th. SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Debbie,
My apologies. The issue here is that email can be spoofed unless it has the appropriate policies set up. This means someone could send emails impersonating your email address, either to spam individuals, or to potentially defraud them.

For this reason we enforce a security policy to ensure the emails are coming from you, and not someone pretending to be you (again impersonating your actual email address). If we allowed these to go through, a malicious actor could potentially send faxes from your account without you realizing it (even more dangerous as they are not only able to use your email address, but if we allowed this, your fax number).

Please talk to your IT administrator or the person who manages your email to have these critical security measures set up. Once you do, we will be able to re-enable email to fax, and your email overall will be much more secure and will prevent malicious actors from impersonating your email address.

I hope this helps,
Mike

That makes sense, but being unable to send faxes is a lousy way to find out about the policy. Really should have been some advance warning about this. I can't find any kind of email or message about it at all. Normally when a provider is making a change that is going to have catastrophic impact on a service, there are multiple warnings and clear notifications. RingCentral is very efficient at notifying me if my credit card has expired, but didn't mention they were about to cripple our service. Now we're stuck without fax capability for a week or more while we monitor DMARC settings, or we have to risk delivery issues by implementing DMARC without testing.

Hello Mary, same issue here. Cannot send faxes from any user. The couple of user emails we had authorized no long appear. Neither does the option to re-add them. The last successful fax was Thursday 4/14.

As a work around for some users, I installed the Desktop App and saved the login info so they don't have to enter it in each time. They can fax from their account and Transmission Results come into email boxes that have the reply email set up. It's a work around at least but not a great one.

Glad that works for you but I have 17 offices and several users at each location so it's not an option here.

Hi everyone! The Community Team is working with Support, and we gathered your accounts. We can see your cases, and we will follow up to make sure they're working on them. Keep coming in the comment section, and please make sure that before reaching out to Support, you have already checked if your email domain complied with SPF, DKIM, and DMARC. Check more info about it HERE.

Our faxes have worked today! And the list of permission emails are back on our outbound fax settings page- I hope this is a permanent fix! Thank you!

Please monitor my cases too, 15096897 and 15094547.

Case number 15079234.

Please check ASAP.

We haven't been able to send an outbound fax since April 4th via email. We can use that "fax out" feature from ringcentral's website, but no email to fax. I also believe there are inbound fax issues taking place b/c we have providers claiming they have faxed us materials and we have no receipt of these materials. It is really unfortunate that Ringcentral has not taken care of this in a timely manner. We opened a case yesterday and haven't heard anything. It is looking like it may be time to find a new phone service......

Mary, is there someone we can call to get this fixed in a timely manner? This is beyond frustrating. Are you planning to refund all of our accounts for lost time?

Please also fix the fax situation for case no: 15091847 . Apparently this is a pretty significant problem in the Americas. Ringcentral finally acknowledged the outage today, but it has been happening for the last 2 weeks.

My account is also having problems. The help desk assigned me ticket #15081985 on Monday then promptly closed it without helping. I called again yesterday and got on terminal hold with no new assigned ticket. Beyond frustrating and appears I am not the only one. We need help ASAP.

So you shutdown multiple people's faxes in the US without any warning???? You really think that is a legally sound option? Just eliminate the services that we pay for without any warning? I suggest you fix this immediately. We have appropriate security in place, so I am not buying this explanation.

So Mike - Once these settings are established for our domain, how (opening new cases isn't possible) and to whom should we notify that all is done?

There is no need for us to comply with DMARC for a sending issue. DMARC is an inbound filtering technology that requires very careful planning and filtering. If anything I can see that RC wants your account to have SPF and DKIM on. Do not set DMARC on unless you understand and monitor the results over time.