Skip to main content
Solved

User Gets Calls When on DND and Computer is Locked

• 29 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I have many call queue users who will continue to get calls when their computer is locked even though they toggle off Accept Call Queue Calls and change their status/presence to DND. When they unlock their computer, it shows their status as Available and within several seconds it changes back to DND. Please help!

I’d check the following:

- is everybody affected? or only some of the users?
- see if users who are affected are logged in the app on multiple devices at the same time. (At home, in the office etc.) 
- check for any integrations that you might be using besides the RingCentral app - they might be flipping their status to available. (for example RingCentral for Outlook, for Chrome) I think this is worth checking/ruling out.
- if none of these help I’d reach out to support.

I had reached out to support but figured it out on my own. With the Microsoft Teams presence status sync turned on, Teams would change the status to Away when the computer is locked thus allowing calls to come through. This is the article I found that helped me.

how do you stop microsoft teams from changing from available to - Microsoft Community

The Sync Presence Status with Teams feature was the cause of the issue. When the computer is locked, Teams automatically changes your status to Away allow calls to come through. In the article below, it explains that setting a Status Message will prevent Teams from doing this. The Sync Presence Status can also be turned on or off on a per user basis and turning it off will stop the issue as well.

how do you stop microsoft teams from changing from available to - Microsoft Community