Skip to main content

Hey all!

I need to get hooked up to the SMS API (via PHP), but step one is installing a SDK via composer.

I'm on shared hosting and the host says I can't do that.

Is there a way to access and use the API solely over cURL or a REST API of some kind? (Especially with an easy to use example in PHP where I could plug in my RingCentral keys, my number, and shoot out a text message to someone?)

Thanks!
Alex

I built a light PHP library to authenticate and access RingCentral platform and it is available in my GitHub repos listed below. The libraries also require using the composer to install the "vlucas/phpdotenv" dependency. But you can remove it and don't use the environment.

JWT lib

Code flow lib

I appreciate the response! I'm very out of my element in terms of server stuff (I really just know straight, basic PHP); so I'm not even sure how to remove that dependency.

If I can just get a plain PHP example that connects via cURL or a REST API for one function (sending a text), then I should be able to adapt that to the others (basically I just need to be able to send texts and read old texts; maybe see old calls as well).

I'm even happy to pay someone to write that simple script as it'd take me forever to derive it from the more complicated "full-feature" packages.