question

FST avatar image
FST asked Thomas Campbell commented

Why opening browser starting today??

I saw someone else post this and no idea why the post was deleted???

Starting today everytime I get an inbound call on the app ring central opens a browser and tries to goto goole.com why?????

ringcentral app
30 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

FST avatar image FST commented ·
Enabling the launching of external apps or URLs for incoming calls
  • In the RingCentral desktop or web app, click. Settings. ...
  • Go to. Phone > General. ...
  • Next to Launch an external app or website for incoming calls, slide the toggle to enable. The. ...
  • Click the. Launch an external app or website when. ...
  • Enter a URL in the. ...

I found out why its happening, but I have no idea why this is automatically been turned on ???? this should never been force enabled

4 Likes 4 ·
Jonathan Massey avatar image Jonathan Massey FST commented ·

Hello - we are having the same exact problem, but when we try to follow the instructions we can't find a general setting for phone and it appears some of the instructions are missing - could you or anyone else please clarify these instructions for us? Thanks in advance

0 Likes 0 ·
Noah Mcdonald avatar image Noah Mcdonald commented ·

We are having this same issue but we cannot find this setting because we are using ring central through teams. Does anyone know a solution for the teams ring central?

1 Like 1 ·
Madison Coalson avatar image Madison Coalson Noah Mcdonald commented ·

Currently talking to RC support and they do not seem to have a solution as of yet...

2 Likes 2 ·
James Turnbaugh_p avatar image James Turnbaugh_p Madison Coalson commented ·

I just opened a case with RC Support, also. Hopefully they can figure this out.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
James Turnbaugh_p avatar image James Turnbaugh_p Noah Mcdonald commented ·

Same, RC for Teams here, and cannot find the setting. Let me know if you find it or find a solution. The users that are having this issue are not using, and do not have installed, the RC desktop app.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ James Turnbaugh_p commented ·

@James Turnbaugh_p, I reported your account since you're using Teams.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Noah Mcdonald commented ·

@Noah Mcdonald, I've reported your account as one of the affected.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi everyone! Kindly email us at Community.Support@RingCentral.com if the troubleshooting steps don't resolve your issue, and I'll forward it to our Product Engineers.

1 Like 1 ·
Todd Germana avatar image Todd Germana commented ·

Any comment from RC on this? Happening for our users too and we have that setting disabled.

0 Likes 0 ·
Madison Coalson avatar image Madison Coalson Todd Germana commented ·

Same here - we have just a few people impacted and turning this setting off did not fix.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thomas Campbell avatar image Thomas Campbell commented ·

It's happening to our company as well. Started last Friday for us. Will check the setting from FST and see if that fixes it

0 Likes 0 ·
Thomas Campbell avatar image Thomas Campbell Thomas Campbell commented ·

Yah, that definitely fixed it for us. Not sure how it turned on either. And it wasn't everyone in our call center, but more than half

0 Likes 0 ·
Jonathan Massey avatar image Jonathan Massey Thomas Campbell commented ·

Hi Thomas, we tried the instructions above, but couldn't get past step 2 as we could not find general setting under phone - could you please let us know how you resolved this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hi everyone! Thank you for reporting this issue. I have taken immediate action and reported it for review. Rest assured, I will follow up on this matter and provide you with the necessary feedback as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered Josh commented

Hey, Team!
I have connected with the engineering team and they have confirmed that this issue is resolved.
The app should auto-update, but please make sure you and your teams are on the latest version of the app.

If you are still experiencing issues, please create a case with Support, as your issue should be tracked internally for any other broad concerns.

And as always, please reach out here in the Community or via our Community Inbox for support!

2 comments
1 |3000

We received further clarification-- it has been resolved for Microsoft Teams users.

If you've been impacted and do not use Microsoft Teams, there is a workaround where you can disable the setting locally using the steps Mary mentioned above. Engineers are still researching otherwise. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Josh avatar image Josh jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

We don't use Teams. This has impacted several of our users.

It's disappointing that QA did not catch this. It's more disappointing that Ring has not come up with a fix after four days and essentially we wait for it to break. Users then have to contact our Help Desk for a resolution.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app