question

the real dave avatar image
the real dave asked mary-community-moderator commented

What do the dots next to text senders names indicate?

Many names under the text heading have gray dots, one green dot. If I mouse over the name the dot disappears. All of the texts have been previously viewed

ringcentral app
18 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Hello @the real dave, I did not quite understand your question. Can you post a screenshot of what you see on your app, please? Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Nancy Letourneau avatar image Nancy Letourneau commented ·

I, too, am wondering what those dots are for! They show up every morning, but disappear when they feel like it! No way to tell what affects them! I will attempt to attach a file with a screenshot!

Sorry, but my screenshot includes all my monitors. Nonetheless, you can see the gray dots next to the text senders names. They disappear after a while for no obvious reason. Tech support gave me some weird answer for it, but it was wrong! Can anyone tell me why they show up every morning?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Nancy Letourneau commented ·

Hi @Nancy Letourneau, It would be great if you can provide us screenshots so we can check. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Nancy Letourneau avatar image Nancy Letourneau mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Apparently, you cannot access the file I uploaded. I will try again tomorrow morning to provide you with my screenshot.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Do you see the gray dots next to the names for the people I have texted? What are they for? Why do they arbitrarily disappear?1617711147220.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1617711147220.png (239.0 KiB)

Mary, do you feel the answer you gave me previously is adequate, or are you trying to get the correct answer?

0 Likes 0 ·

Funny - the screen shots I uploaded have now disappeared!

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Nancy Letourneau commented ·

Hi Nancy, I am coordinating this with our Product Team. Your screenshots are still here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Nancy Letourneau commented

Nancy, those gray dots are indicators that the contact you're texting has a RingCentral app as well. It will turn green if that person is online.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

That isn't what happens. These gray dots just disappear as you can see in this screenshot from a bit later in the morning. They NEVER come back during the day as gray or green. I know these people are online from time to time, but they never have green dots. You can see my green dot. I also don't believe they are on ring central, but if you insist they are, I will ask them.

Please check with your technicians who designed this program to find out why the gray dots appear every morning and why they disappear after a while!

Thank you

Nancy

1617721676700.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1617721676700.png (111.6 KiB)
Nancy Letourneau avatar image
Nancy Letourneau answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hey Mary! Where did my text to you from yesterday go? And where is the text from Dave who had the same question go? What's going on?

Nancy

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Nancy, kindly click the Show button. screen-shot-2021-04-13-at-100432-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app