question

Staci Heidenson avatar image
Staci Heidenson asked ·

Caller ID shows spam risk

We have a couple users (Danica and Melody), who's caller ID shows "possible spam risk" to the person they are calling.

spam calls
4 comments
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

@Staci Heidenson @jeffrey-raymond-jr. We are getting this same feeback from our clients on our outbound calls. We currently use our direct lines as the Caller ID and would prefer to keep it that way but we do not want our calls to show as a possible spam risk. Has anyone gotten more information about what might be causing this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·

I have the same problem from my extension. I changed it to my direct line and called my personal cell to see what happens. It now says the company name, but I'm not sure if that's because I have the name saved in my phone. However, before when I had the main phone number of the company, it showed up as Spam Risk when I called my cell.

0 Likes 0 ·

We are fighting with this same issue as well. We migrated to RC in January from multiple phone carriers at various locations, and it seems that RC doesn't send the caller id information properly, and we are losing customers and prospects because our calls are all labeled as "suspected spam," or at BEST it just displays the ANI with no company information. We have requested a de-listing with ATT Wireless and Verizon wireless, but this problem won't be resolved until RC starts passing full caller ID information to the called party. Has anyone found a way to resolve this?

0 Likes 0 ·

This is an ongoing problem for us as well, and checking the Caller ID Settings didn't help. Do you have any other suggestions?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered ·

Hello Staci,

Please have them checked their Caller ID Settings. You may click on this link https://support.ringcentral.com/article/3614.html

3 comments
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

I have the same issue. Our user's caller ID is set to the company phone number and not "possible spam risk" or "likely spam". What else can be done to prevent our call recipients from receiving this message?

1 Like 1 ·

I am having this issue as well. My caller ID is set to my direct line, but am receiving feedback from clients that my call shows up as "Spam Risk." Is there anythign to be done about this? @Mary-Community_Moderator

1 Like 1 ·

Hi @Nate Beyer, you may coordinate this with our Tech Team. It should not appear as a Caller ID. You may create a case at https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html?language=en_US.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app