Skip to main content

The ring central app has recently been updated and allows for mutliple accounts to be logged in at the same time.

I have 2 accounts logged in on the app currently. When I receive incoming calls, it shows me the callers phone number, but does not distinguish between which account this is for. So i have no way of knowing which number has been dialed for this call. How do i resolve this?

Interesting - looks like they haven’t programmed for this, but I would think that it would be another option in the Incoming Calls tabs would be something like the Caller ID but for the  ‘Incoming Line for Account’ - and allow you to select what gets displayed on the HUD.

One thing you could do in the meantime, use a different Ring Tone for each line:

At least until they add a little programming to their multi-user functions.

Hope that helps.

Hi Joe

thanks so much for the quick and informative response. In theory your ringtone idea is great, I already did that on the physical desk phones we used, and have implemented it for the soft phones too, BUT i have just discovered that the new feature they have released (SWITCH ACCOUNTS), does not actually allow you to use 2 accounts at the same time, so it’s completely useless.

That is, If you are signed in to Accounts A & B, but you have account A open as the current account on the phone, if someone calls account B, the app does not ring for account B.

Oh boy..

Yeah, typical RC I’ve come to know - 70% there on release.