Skip to main content

How do I route a call to a call queue when a user is busy?

If I turn call waiting ‘off’ it will route the call to voicemail for the particular user, but I wish to have the option to route it to a call queue extension instead so that a ‘human being’ can answer the call instead of ‘voicemail’.

Is this currently possible?  If not, it may be a good suggestion for future implementation.

Thanks in advance!

Peter

Good morning Peter,

You should be able to set this from the Ddmin panel in short order.

Go under Manage Users and get to the user in question.

Under Phone, Incoming Calls, scroll down to the ‘If no one answers’ - change that option to ‘Forward the Call’ - you are then presented with a flashy new menu - and ‘Call Queue’ is now one of the options across the top:

You can then select which Call queue to send the call to.

RC continues to hide these functions under small ‘>’ links or moves them around so that the Admins have to relearn the software every 3-4 months.

Hope that helps, if not, let me know what else is going on.

Have fun.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply!

That works, but only ‘if no one answers’.  My user does not want to be disrupted with an incoming call while on another call and have to wait until the call is diverted to a call queue.  Apparently during the ‘ringing period’ the volume is almost ‘muted’ and it’s very hard to carry on an existing conversation.  Turning call waiting to ‘off’ is a good option, but it sends the call to voicemail and that’s the only option offered. 

I guess I’m looking for an option to ‘immediately’ forward calls to a call queue if the called line is ‘busy’.

Hopefully this may be a future feature…

Cheers

Well, quickest:

While on a call - swap to DnD.  :)

Additional calls then should follow the forward rule.  Should...

Worth testing it out.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Peter