Skip to main content

Hi,

If an account is disabled, are chat/glip messages retrievable/viewable? If the account is enabled again?

Thanks

But the question is if the account is disabled, you may be getting a message like "Access to this account is disabled. " something like this.. In that case I am not sure if you can retrieve or view.

But if the account is enabled again, you should able to retrieve and view.

No...the messages aren't preserved. Moreover, any group they're a part of just disappear (Teams are ok).

Just found this out this week. Disabled a user on Friday, and by Monday some employees were complaining that their groups were gone. Turns out they contained this disabled user. Tried re-enabling this user's account, but the content was still gone.

Support was able to restore the content, but still...this seems like a major oversight. If you have a group with 5 employees, why delete the whole group if one employee leaves? Makes no sense.

You do have the option to convert a group message into a Team, but as an admin, there's no way for me to know how disabling/deleting a user could impact all of my employees.

They really need to find a solution for this ASAP, or else it could turn into a management nightmare.

Please upvote my "idea" if you get a chance.