Skip to main content
Question

Auto-receptionist needs to go to operator after no choice first time

• 16 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Is there any way to get the auto-receptionist/attendant to go to an operator extension after playing the menu message once if there is no selection? I can only see an option to go to an extension after it repeats 3 times. It seems nuts that there wouldn't be a way to go directly after playing the message once, which is a common way to do this, so I hope there is a way.

Forgot to mention this is regarding a multi-level IVR.

I've wondered this since we signed on many moons ago - that should be client (SuperAdmin) selected - not hard coded!

Any answers to this? I am new to RC and need the same!

not available yet. There are multiple ideas about it on the ideas portal.. “Under review”
https://ideas.ringcentral.com/forums/958493-phone-messaging/suggestions/48036764-option-to-play-the-prompt-in-ivr-menu-just-once-pr
I believe there is an “ugly” workaround, but maybe it works for you. 

version1 if you have Premium plan:
-don’t use an IVR menu
-use a call queue “Main Greeting” & upload your greeting to it
-under the call handling settings for the call queue set the Maximum caller wait time in queue to Don’t Wait. 
-When maximum wait time is reached, send caller to - select the operator extension.
=====so far whoever calls the queue will hear the queue greeting and immediately afterwards will be forwarded to the operator extension. =====

For callers to be able to enter key presses while they are waiting in the queue, you just need to ensure that the keys caller are prompted to press match real extensions. For example you could upload the following greeting to the call queue:

“Thank you for calling GlassTech. Please select one of the following options: Press 1 for sales, press 2 if you are an existing customer, press 3 for support or press 111 to leave a voicemail.”

Then you need to have created the extensions with the extension numbers you mention in the greeting. If an external caller called that call queue and press 3, then the system will try to connect them to ext 3. You can instruct callers to press multiple digit extensions or single digit extensions. 

version2 if you have a standard plan:
-same idea as above but you won’t be using a call queue, but a VideoPro extension instead.
-upload your greeting as the “Greet caller with a message”.(picture below)
-disable the app from ringing
-if no one answers > forward to operator ext.