question

mary-sullivan avatar image
mary-sullivan asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

All users texting from the main line

I need assistance for texting from the main line. All users would like to text from our main line, however, this seems impossible to get set up. Any assistance would be appreciated.
sms and text messaging
16 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jason Toro avatar image Jason Toro commented ·

Any updates when this will be available?

0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ Jason Toro commented ·

Hi Jason,

This feature is available in the phone app: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/6110.html?language=en_US

It is currently being worked on with the unified app, but no ETA at this time.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Turrall avatar image Tyler Turrall jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Is this available yet? We need my team to be able to text / receive texts from the main line

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
suzanne-kilner10840 avatar image suzanne-kilner10840 commented ·

Any updates on this ? Was able to log into the ring central phone app as the call queue and send texts message, but can't seem to login to the call queue on the new integrated app.. the fact that the phone app is about to be no longer supported leaves us in the lurch.....

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ suzanne-kilner10840 commented ·

Hello Suzanne,

This thread is about SMS from the main line. Is your concern about texting from the call queue on the new RingCentral App?

0 Likes 0 ·
Dr. Jessica Tommasi avatar image Dr. Jessica Tommasi mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

How may I send/receive actual SMS/texts from my RingCentral phone number please?

0 Likes 0 ·
Dr. Jessica Tommasi avatar image Dr. Jessica Tommasi commented ·

I would really like some information as to how I may send/receive actual SMS/texts (not the messaging option) from my RingCentral phone number. Any information on this please?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Dr. Jessica Tommasi commented ·

Hi! Are you referring to texting from your main RingCentral phone number?

0 Likes 0 ·
Dr. Jessica Tommasi avatar image Dr. Jessica Tommasi mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Yes please!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Eric Lindholm avatar image Eric Lindholm commented ·

At the very least I need to be able to reply STOP to messages coming in on my main line. I am getting flooded.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Eric Lindholm commented ·

Hi @Eric Lindholm, for feature request, please submit it in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/

0 Likes 0 ·
Kim Mills avatar image Kim Mills commented ·

Any updates on this?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Kim Mills commented ·

There's no update on this yet, @Kim Mills. You may add your vote for this feature at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-1008.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered Becky-Community_Manager commented
Hi Mary, 

Texting from the main line isn't available right not, but will be soon! Check out this thread for updates :) 
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jarrett Phillips avatar image Jarrett Phillips commented ·

I am so upset, I switched to you because the sales person said I can text from my main number. Now that I have forwraded my numbe and paid for 5 lines I see that I cannot text from my main business number. I could do that with my previous carrier. Now I have a nightmare on my hands. Please tell me a way that this is possible right away or I am canceling and calling my CC company to deny the previous charge.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Jarrett Phillips commented ·

Sorry for the confusion @Jarrett Phillips
This feature is not yet available. You can add your vote and use case here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app