Skip to main content
Question

Abandoned Calls

• 8 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Call Queue report shows count of abandoned calls. How do I see which these calls are? 

Hi @Rhandee08 

Please navigate to Performance Reports, then select Calls.

Once there, you'll be able to view the abandoned calls.

Also, take a look at the KB article linked below for further information.

Refused/Abandoned Calls Defined and Best Practices in Analytics Performance Reports | RingCentral

@Rhandee08 If @Mary-Community_Moderator was able to answer your question, can you please mark it as “Best Answer” so other Community members can find it if they have the same issue?
And if not, let us know how we can help you further!
Thank you!

@Mary-Community_Moderator @BeckyH -- I went to the performance reports and selected calls. However, I don’t see the “Abandoned” calls. I only see “Missed” and “VM/Missed”. Are they the same? 

@Mary-Community_Moderator @BeckyH -- I went to the performance reports and selected calls. However, I don’t see the “Abandoned” calls. I only see “Missed” and “VM/Missed”. Are they the same? 

@Rhandee08 Missed are different than abandoned. Here are other information I got about Abandoned calls.

Abandoned calls are calls that started waiting in the queue but were hung up before the call was answered or went to voicemail. These can be seen in the calls tab by filtering for specific queues. Since we cannot point to a specific user who abandoned the call, it is named abandoned, not missed. Here are additional information that I got about Abandoned Calls.

How are abandoned calls determined and how can we check those calls?

If none of the queue members answered a call (there was no live talk), the call is counted as abandoned for this particular queue. However, if the call is forwarded and answered on the overflow call queue, it will be counted as answered on that queue.

Are refused also counted as abandoned? 

Refused Calls will be counted as abandoned if the call was never picked up by any extension.

If you can’t see it, I recommend asking help from our Support Team by submitting a ticket at https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html.

When you are looking at the Calls report, there is a filter right next to the search bar - you can filter by Users, Groups, Departments, IVRs, Queues. 
If you are searching for abandoned calls you probably need to use the queues filter. This is because a call can be abandoned only from the queue point of view (POV). A call can’t be abandoned from a user POV. It can only be missed.

When you are looking at the Calls report, there is a filter right next to the search bar - you can filter by Users, Groups, Departments, IVRs, Queues. 
If you are searching for abandoned calls you probably need to use the queues filter. This is because a call can be abandoned only from the queue point of view (POV). A call can’t be abandoned from a user POV. It can only be missed.

Great explanation! :)