question

Parker Johnson avatar image
Parker Johnson asked Chirag Shukla answered

Latest update hijacks MacOS default keybinds for text navigation

You can no longer navigate forward and backward words with Option + Left or Right because RC has changed this to be used for non-disableable app navigation shortcuts. I cannot express how frustrating this is as someone who uses these hotkeys constantly and has never experienced an app that overrode those keys when focused on a text box. This should be reverted or given an enable/disable option immediately.

This also violates Apple's Human Interface Guidelines which states
"Use the Option key as a modifier sparingly."
"Avoid creating a new shortcut by adding a modifier to an existing unrelated shortcut."

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chirag Shukla avatar image
Chirag Shukla answered

@Parker Johnson

I received an update on RC App. My version is now 22.1.21.349 Web, 22.1.20.2759 Mac (Intel) and this issue is resolved. I can use Option + left arrow/right arrow using OSX natural behavior.

It seems that RC removed a bunch of keyboard shortcuts they had to fix this issue urgently. I now only see 2 keyboard shortcuts for app navigation; previously there were a bunch more. That's OK with me.

1645722490577.png

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chirag Shukla avatar image
Chirag Shukla answered
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app