question

Michael R avatar image
Michael R asked Phong Vu commented

When sending a fax, how do I change my From Name?

I'm using a Sandbox application to send faxes. When I receive the fax using my test fax receiver (i.e. faxbetter.com) I see a from name at the top of the page.

Where in RingCentral can I set this From Name? My exploration had yielded no success.

1679698242882.pngReceived a fax from RingCentral Sandbox app

fax
1679698242882.png (139.1 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

I don't think that you can customize the from name value unless you change your first and last name from your user info in your account online service portal.

screen-shot-2023-03-25-at-123749-pm.png

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Michael R avatar image Michael R commented ·

Thanks Phong Vu,

We might be one step closer.

Unfortunately, upon signing into the account online service portal, I'm taken to this Access Forbidden Page https://service.ringcentral.com/login/swAccessForbidden.html

Access Forbidden Page

1680035413649.png

While, I do have access to:

I may not have access to:

Any thoughts?

0 Likes 0 ·
1680035413649.png (59.8 KiB)
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Michael R commented ·

I don't know your account setting or user limitations. In that case, please submit a customer support ticket from here.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys