question

Josh Henderson avatar image
Josh Henderson asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

How can I automatically change to DND when in a Ring Central Meeting?

The Ringcentral app sees that you are in a meeting. However, phone calls to you still audibly ring interrupting the meeting. Is there a configuration to automatically change to DND while in the meeting?

meetingsvideo
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kelly-cote avatar image kelly-cote commented ·

I would also like to know how to set it up so it AUTOMATICALLY goes to DND while on video meeting or conference call. Thanks.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ kelly-cote commented ·

Hi @kelly-cote, when you're in a meeting, a red dot is shown. This presence indicates if a user is in a meeting and should not be disturbed. This presence is system-triggered and is set automatically.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Paul Kopalek avatar image Paul Kopalek commented ·

Somehow in August 2022, this is still not a feature. This should be a checkbox that you can choose for the organization or an individual "Automatically enter DND mode when In a Meeting" (or other various statuses if desired). There's simply no reason to set two things. Why am I changing 'status' to In a Meeting if I wanted to be disturbed? None of my users are going to understand the logic of NOT being DND by default when In a Meeting. Here is the Ideas page, I think it needs more votes - https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/ENTCOM-I-188

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Paul Kopalek commented ·

Thanks for sharing the link, Paul!
We appreciate you bringing attention to the idea and helping us beat the drum for features like this!

0 Likes 0 ·
Dan Thorne avatar image Dan Thorne Anirban commented ·

Hello Anirban, can RC Office be setup to automatically direct calls to voicemail (DND) whenever I'm either in a RC Video meeting or on another phone call, or does the presence need to be manually set each time?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app