question

randee-heer14746 avatar image
randee-heer14746 asked mary-community-moderator commented

Polycom Admin Password stops working after RC provisioning

I have used the assisted provisioning and manually provisioned my Polycom VVX 400 several times with several different phones. I've always been able to access the polycom admin menu using 456 or the password I set. I recently discovered that my password didn't work. I factory reset and then provisioned using the assisted and then manually. After provisioned my admin password whether default or reset to a custom password, neither works. What happened and why is RC locking me out of my phone??? How do I access the admin menu in my polycom phone after it's provisioned?

hardware
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mariel Godeaux avatar image Mariel Godeaux commented ·

We are having the same issue. Did you ever find an alternate solution? We provisioned our Yealink T46S phones with the admin password. Now, we can not get in with Admin or a password we set it to. We tried 789,789!, and 456 with no luck. Any ideas you can give me would be appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Mariel Godeaux commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
George Cartlidge avatar image
George Cartlidge answered

Also have the same issue here, with VVX201 (Provided by ring central) and VVX500 (Third Party)

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

George Cartlidge avatar image
George Cartlidge answered

try 789!

1 |3000

randy-lopez avatar image
randy-lopez answered

If 789! does not work just 789 worked for us.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app