question

Scott Delano avatar image
Scott Delano asked mary-community-moderator commented

How do I delete a contact?

I invited a user to join RingCentral with an incorrect email address. The invite is pending but the user will never answer. I need to revoke the invite and delete the contact. How do I do it?

contacts
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Matt Cantrill avatar image Matt Cantrill commented ·

I would like an answer to this as well...

0 Likes 0 ·
Scott Delano avatar image Scott Delano commented ·

The trash can icon is not showing for me. I tried on the desktop app and on the web app using Chrome and Firefox. Still no thrash can icon. Any idea why?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Scott Delano commented ·

@Scott Delano, this is available on the new RingCentral App. The one you have to install on your Windows or Mac. Accessing it on Chrome and Firefox is the classic one which is not available there.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bill Lawrence avatar image Bill Lawrence commented ·

I have a CONTACT (Company) that has an incorrect email address and the name is not spelled correctly. The CONTACT has never activated their account. I cannot seem to delete this contact. Can you help?

company.png

user.png

0 Likes 0 ·
company.png (83.1 KiB)
user.png (52.6 KiB)
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Please see these screenshots below for visual reference. All you need to do is click the trashcan icon when mousing over the user in the guest list or you can open the profile of the invited user . Click the vertical three dots icon, and then Remove guest.image-1.png

image-2.png

image-1.png (38.3 KiB)
image-2.png (10.7 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Bill Lawrence avatar image
Bill Lawrence answered mary-community-moderator commented

Thank you Mary, but as you can see from the screen shots below, there are no 'THREE DOTS' or 'TRASH CAN'.

To confirm, I am doing this from the RingCentral desktop APP, clicking on CONTACTS and COMPANY.rc-1.png

rc-2.png

I've disconnected my Microsoft 365 account, so the only contacts I have are the two PAID USERS:
Bill Lawrence (ext. 101)

Matt Lawrence (ext. 102)

One guest Kathy Lawrence, who is OK, and Jj who needs to be deleted and then added as Jordan Lawrence.

rc-1.png (361.7 KiB)
rc-2.png (287.6 KiB)
1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Bill, this is only applicable for guest users. Contacts that are under company can't be changed in the app. You need to go to the Admin Portal and delete the user extension for that contact, then you can create a new one.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app