question

jennifer-miller9468 avatar image
jennifer-miller9468 asked Anirban answered

Schedule text messages?

US Account - Is there a way using Ring Central to schedule text messages to send at a future date and time?  We would like to schedule text messages to go out over the weekend when we're not in the office.  

Thank you!

sms and text messaging
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Michael Hohenberg avatar image Michael Hohenberg commented ·

It definitely should be added. I'd love to be able to schedule texts to my clients at my convenience so it shows up at the right time during business hours at future dates I specify. That would be game changing.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Michael Hohenberg commented ·

Hi @Michael Hohenberg, this is an existing feature request. You may vote for this here.

0 Likes 0 ·
danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
Nope.  You'll need to use a full service SMS provider for those types of features.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

There is no automated or scheduled message feature currently. You need to create your own custom app on top of RC sms API, put scheduler to achieve it.

example: ScheduledExecutorService in Java, Poll scheduler in MuleSoft or TaskScheduler in C# can solve this issue with RC API

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app