question

josh-considine11283 avatar image
josh-considine11283 asked ·

Text auto-response

Does anyone know of a plug-in that would allow for auto-replies to text/sms? It is a feature that RingCentral seems to not value very high on building in themselves. 
General Topic
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered ·
You might want to refer to this discussion regarding SMS text auto-responders

https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/auto-text-responder?utm_source=notification&...

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang answered ·
Josh, depending on what you want to do, please try out our Zapier integration. It can handle incoming text and posting a text back to the inbound number. They have a free tier that you can try this out on.

https://zapier.com/apps/ringcentral/integrations

Let us know if that works for you.
6 comments

hey buddy i found a workaround after having the same problem. just add a filter step and set the step to NOT continue if Phone number from = *your phone number* then it wont loop because outgoing msgs wont activate the zap
1 Like 1 ·
Is this still relevant or do you have a response tool?  I currently have our gas orders on a text only line, and would like our dispatcher to be able to reply back that the order is received.  Can you help?  We are seeing a lot more tests for orders and we will need to make this process more efficient.  
0 Likes 0 ·
Hey Diane, you could check with other users on the Developer Community :) 
0 Likes 0 ·
I used Zapier and it was a disaster. Something gets triggered when the auto-response is sent that creates an "echo" where I start replying to MYSELF over and over and over again and I have to go in and delete 1,000s of texts to myself if I'm not near a computer quick enough. I deleted the Zapier service immediately
0 Likes 0 ·
I also got Zapier auto replying to incoming texts, but like you said it goes into a neverending loop of sending and replying to myself. The problem is with the Zapier integration with RingCentral. Zapier is looking for both new incoming and new outgoing RingCentral SMS's as a trigger. So every incoming and every outgoing SMS triggers the auto-response. If it would only monitor incoming SMS this would work.

I'm beyond frustrated with RingCentral. I've had all kinds of SMS problems with this company and this is just the lastest. It's a basic feature that is long overdue by years - just look at the dates on this forum. RingCentral support has been no help at all and still has no ETA for such a highly requested service.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
ralph-milone2043 avatar image
ralph-milone2043 answered ·
Just found a compay that offer textback www.phonewagon.com  We are using them with our ring central service.  IVR goes to extension with a number on that account that uses text back.
3 comments

I blew up phone wagon, they cannot handle large accounts
0 Likes 0 ·
Lol, I'm using them for the automatic text backing and it's been working perfect. Just annoys me that I have to use another company for that technology.
0 Likes 0 ·
hey it's ryan from phonewagon. we DEFINITELY can handle large accounts. email me ryan@phonewagon.com
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app