question

Timothy Irons avatar image
Timothy Irons asked Timothy Irons commented

Auto answer when connected by Bluetooth

This has been asked about in a few questions, but no useful answer has been posted.

When connected to my car via Bluetooth, my phone automatically answers calls. How do I stop this happening?

The one instance of this being asked blamed the phone/headset, but as it is happening on various phones and Bluetooth devices it would seem to be a feature of the app.

ringcentral app
22 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Gavin Davis avatar image Gavin Davis commented ·

I have been having the same issue. After numerous discussions with tech support they told me it is a known issue with no anticipated time frame for fixing the problem.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Gavin Davis commented ·

Hi @Gavin Davis, we apologize for also having this issue. We are closely monitoring this bug, and we'll give you updates when it's resolved. Thank you!

1 Like 1 ·
Lenard Fudala avatar image Lenard Fudala mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@Mary-Community_Moderator Is there something tracking this that we can be added to? I have users experiencing this as well and it's not safe to have a user suddenly having someone distract them while they're driving.

0 Likes 0 ·
Timothy Irons avatar image Timothy Irons Lenard Fudala commented ·

Hi Lenard,

Please up vote the community idea CUSTCOM-I-4862 as support have decided this is a feature request.

Cheers

Tim

0 Likes 0 ·
Timothy Irons avatar image Timothy Irons mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Has there been any progress on this? It is still happening and incredibly distracting for drivers having to deal with an unwanted phone call.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Timothy Irons commented ·

Hi! Upon checking, the bug was resolved. Please open a ticket so that the Tech Support Team can troubleshoot. Create a case here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Timothy Irons avatar image Timothy Irons mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

It is definitely not fixed.

1 Like 1 ·
James Stapleton avatar image James Stapleton mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

No - it was not resolved. still happening, including this morning. I have opened four cases over the last year. Ring sends a note saying "it's a known issue, we are working on it", then after 2 months they close the case without resolving it. I call the support line - they say "it's escalated to level-two support" - I ask to speak to the person in level 2 assigned to fix it - they say I can't speak to that person. I'm told someone will call me within 48 hours. Nobody does. a few weeks later, they close my case without resolving the problem. four cases submitted over the last 9 months. same store with all of them. Ring has absolutely horrible support

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Timothy Irons avatar image Timothy Irons Gavin Davis commented ·

Hi Gavin,

Please up vote the community idea CUSTCOM-I-4862 as support have decided this is a feature request.

Cheers

Tim

0 Likes 0 ·
Scott Alexander avatar image Scott Alexander commented ·

Same here. auto answers every time pn Uconnect BT on all vehicles. ( we have e 4 vans in our fleet) Samsung phones. Help!!!! very annoying and only solution is to turn off BT

Same issue. Unconnected BT in Dodge and Chrysler. Auto answers all incoming calls which is horrible when someone thinks they're calling an office 800 and a guy in moving car answers. 2 different Samsung phones and vans

0 Likes 0 ·
Dylan Hiler avatar image Dylan Hiler commented ·

I am being told by support right now this isn't an issue. Clearly it is. Any reasonable solution yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Gregoire avatar image Sarah Gregoire commented ·

I'm frustrated because I've had this issue since last year with my UConnect/Samsung combo for my personal vehicle. My work vehicle has a replacement stereo (which was working fine until the other issue started with my personal vehicle) and I can't make calls out. I can receive them, but if I dial out, it hangs up so I have to use speakerphone.
Hope it is resolved soon.

0 Likes 0 ·
James Stapleton avatar image James Stapleton commented ·

exact same problem here. i opened a case, to which they responded that it's a known bug, they are working on it and will inform me when it's fixed - and in the meantime i won't get any status updates. Completely unacceptable given this issue has been reported here for months. I cannot have calls auto-answer with customers popping in without warning while I drive without choosing to answer. It's costing me business and sadly I'm going to have to go through the hassle of switching to another phone service

0 Likes 0 ·
Scott Alexander avatar image Scott Alexander commented ·

Come on RC - this is going to cost you! Calls being answered by my 6 year old while I'm driving. The other day my kids were screaming about a bunch of bird crap on the windows and yelling all kinds of stuff, and you don't even know anything has auto answered (because it happens so fast without a ring tone) unless you look at the display screen to see the call running or the customers goes "Hello????, What is this?"

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app