question

Kristin Hoppe avatar image
Kristin Hoppe asked Joe Cache commented

How do I demote the original Super Admin user?

I'd like to demote the original super admin user to a regular user and then promote another user to the position. I thought it was tied to the extension, but changing their extension didn't affect anything.

admin portal
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Kristin Hoppe; the only workaround you can do is to change the extension number, email, and name of the user, but its data will remain.

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

Kristin Hoppe avatar image
Kristin Hoppe answered Joe Cache commented

Thanks for the quick response!

To clarify: in Users with Extensions, I click on Mary Sue and it opens up Mary Sue, Ext.100, User Details. I change that info out to the new super admin, Marty Stu. Then I create a new standard user for Mary Sue?

Is that the correct flow?

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, that's right. I'm assuming that Mary Sue is the Super Admin.

2 Likes 2 ·
Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache commented ·

You may wish to create a non-user Super Admin - this way as people come and go - the Super Admin stays. This would then also be another level of security so that all the users have their normal account, and then your admin has to sign in as the Super to make any elevated changes.

That make sense?

2 Likes 2 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app